Moving can get expensive. There are lots of ways to cut costs and trim your budget. And one of the best ways to do that is to take on role of packing and moving on your own. But just because you’re going the DIY route doesn’t mean you’ll have to hunt down and save empty boxes, old bubble wrap, and last week’s newspapers.
MovingCompaniesOnline is your one-stop shop for everything you need — from boxes, to tape, to packing materials, to rental trucks and straps — for your business or residential move.
Even though hiring a professional moving company will save you the headache that moves can bring, they can oftentimes be pricey and out of the budget. According to the American Moving and Storage Association, an average long-distance move can cost upwards of $4,300. This is based on a distance of 1,225 miles while transporting 7,400 pounds of belongings.
An Easier Way to Get the Job Done
It’s a no-brainer that in renting a truck, trailer, or moving container you are saving a considerable amount of money. But did you know there are other ways to keep your pocketbook padded? In order to save more money, you can:
- Call all-hands-on-deck. Seeking out help from family and friends will not only make the job go faster, the process will also be a lot easier. The trick is to ask for help from reliable, trustworthy people.
- Declutter ahead of time. In weeding, throwing out, and donating things that you no longer want, you are not only making space within your house, you are also lightening your moving load and saving valuable time and energy. In starting with a clean, clutter-free house, you are setting yourself up for success in the long-run.
- Get Up with the Sun. When you begin the moving process early in the morning, you have the whole day ahead of you to complete many tasks. And in those troublesome summer months, an early start means less sweat and heat exhaustion. An early-to-mid-morning start also means potentially fewer run-ins with traffic. And because you started early, you now have time to unpack, settle down, and unwind just around dinner time in your new surroundings.
- Pack the Ultimate Overnight Back with Just the Essentials. Since no one is truly organized when they get to their new living space, it helps to have a few favorite things, toiletries, and necessities in order to make that first night in your new home as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Remember to not weigh yourself down, just pack what you absolutely need. Less is more.
- Use Sturdy Boxes and Proper Packing Materials. This will avoid a big headache in the long run. It will also avoid unnecessary damage to all of your treasured belongings. Boxes and containers should be strong, secure, and packed with just the right amount and type of material. Don’t skimp on this part of the process.
- Plan Your Move Out and Move on a Weekend. Two pieces of sage advice here. In planning the move out ahead of time, the potential for things to go wrong is greatly decreased. And in moving on a weekend, you avoid taking time off of work and can move at your own pace.
Whichever way you move, please look to MovingCompaniesOnline for all of your moving and DIY needs. Let our team connect you with all of the supplies you will need to make your move a hassle-free success.